Version 4.0.0 of Flint released
Earlier this week I released version 4.0.0 of Flint. This release is to support the new crop of 3d engines that are using Stage3d for rendering. As part of this it was necessary to alter a couple of APIs, hence the major release number incrementing to 4. The core architecture of Flint remains unchanged.
Big thank you to Michael Ivanov for his work on these new integrations.
- A new package structure means the Away3d version 3 and Papervision3d integration code has moved into the integration package.
- The ImageClass initializer now takes a class and an array of parameters in the constructor, rather than using a class and ...(rest) parameters. This serves two purposes
- The class can be extended and the parameters passed through to the superclass constructor
- The class now takes additional parameters for object pooling, which can be strongly typed and optional
- The ImageClass initializer and its derivatives can optionally be configured to reuse images from particles when they die, to improve the performance. This is done by setting the usePool property to true, via the constructor or the property itself.
- The documentation has been restructured to enable browsing of just the documentation for a selected render method - 2d, 3d, Away3d, Flare3d, etc.
- getArea of DiscSectorZone doesn't seem to take min/max angle into account
- Error in value of PARTICLE_REMOVED event type constant.
- Removing particle during update causess a null reference error.
- Strange behaviour with 2d collide and bounding box actions.
The full list of commit notes is on Github.
If you have existing Flint projects, most code from version 3.x.x will continue to work unaltered. Code that uses the ImageClass initializer or the Away3d or Papervision3d integration will require minor alterations as described above.
Share this post or a comment online -
Also in the collection Flint Particles
- Flint AS3 Particle System
- Flint Particle System Tutorial
- Making fire with Flint
- Version 0.9.2 of Flint released
- Version 0.9.3 of Flint released
- Presentation about Flint in London
- LFPUG Presentation Slides
- Version 0.9.4 of Flint released
- Version 1.0.0 of Flint released
- Flocking behaviour in Flint
- Version 1.0.1 of Flint released
- Version 1.0.2 of Flint released
- Version 1.0.3 of Flint released
- Reorganised SVN for Flint
- Alpha of the 3D version of Flint is available
- After a couple of days relaxing
- Flint 3D plans
- Version 1.0.4 of Flint released
- 3D version of Flint Particle System
- More physics in Flint
- Developer diary
- Away3D renderers for Flint started
- More Away3D and Papervision3D renderer development in Flint
- Improved Papervision3D rendering in Flint
- Papervision pixel renderer for Flint
- Flint does Papervision3D and Away3D
- More 3D Zones in Flint
- Updated Flint examples
- Version 2.0 beta of Flint released
- Performance improvements in Flint
- Version 2.0 of Flint released
- What's in development for Flint
- Version 2.0.1 of Flint released
- Build scripts and other changes to Flint
- Version 2.1.0 of Flint released
- Version 2.1.2 of Flint released
- Version 2.1.3 of Flint released
- Many additions to the Flint documentation
- Version 2.1.4 of Flint released
- Version 2.2.0 of Flint Released
- Flint on GitHub
- Version 2.2.1 of Flint released
- Version 3.0.0 beta of Flint
- Version 3.0.0 of Flint released
- Version 3.0.1 of Flint released
- Flint and Molehill
- Version 4.0.1 of Flint released