Re-architecting the designer-developer workflow
- 360|Flex San Jose, 8 March 2010
- London Flash Platform User Group, 29 July 2010
- 360|Flex DC, 21 September 2010
In this session, I discussed and showed a new Flex application architecture that we are using at BrightTALK to enable the rapid development of new projects based on previously designed features. This was specifically devised to serve two purposes
- To enable us to rapidly and easily create new, custom designed, webcast players for clients
- To enable our designers to do this work without the need for developer involvement
Here are the slides from the presentation at 360|Flex DC on 21 September 2010.
Download the example code
The example code is a set of smart components implementing this architecture and designed for building a Twitter client. Also included is an example of their use. This code was used during the presentation.
There are four versions of the code, implemented using different popular dependency injection containers and different event bus architectures. All four examples implement the same functionality.
- Example code using SmartyPants-IOC
- Example code using SmartyPants-IOC and AS3-Signals
- Example code using Robotlegs framework
- Example code using Swiz framework